Apply for PAN on the basis of Aadhaar instantly
Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) inserted new facility of PAN allotment on the basis of Aadhaar card. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced this new facility apply for instant PAN in her speech of Union Budget 2020.
Now, Instant PAN allotment in near to real time is available at free of cost. Individuals (other than minors) with a valid Aadhaar number (with updated Mobile number) without filling a detailed application form can avail the PAN allotment facility. This option is now available on Income Tax Website10 Common mistakes to avoid in GST Returns
Steps for Applying instant PAN
1. Visit the E-filing portal of Income Tax Department.
2. Click the ‘Instant PAN through Aadhaar‘ button.
3. Click on the ‘Get New PAN‘ option in the page.
4. Enter your Aadhaar number, fill Captcha, click the box ‘I confirm that’ and click on ‘Generate Aadhaar OTP’.
5. The applicant will receive an OTP on the mobile number registered with Aadhaar card.Enter the OTP in the Box and ‘Validate Aadhaar OTP and Continue‘.
6. Validate Aadhaar Details in the next page. Click the box ‘I confirm that‘ and submit the PAN Request. After submission, it will generate an acknowledgment number. Keep this acknowledgment number for checking the status of PAN allotment.
7. For checking the status of PAN, you can click on ‘Check Status / Download‘ .
For availing this facility, following are the important points to note-
♦ The applicant should have a valid Aadhaar which is not linked to any other PAN.
♦ The applicant should have his mobile number registered with Aadhaar.
♦ This is a paper-less process and applicants are not required to submit or upload any documents.
♦ The applicant should not have another PAN. Possession of more than one PAN will result in penalty under section 272B(1) of Income tax Act.