CBIC Launched the E-Office Application
Chairman of Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) has launched remotely the e-Office application on 15th day of June, 2020 in over 500 CGST and Customs offices across India in the presence of over 800 senior officers of CBIC.
CBIC has become one of the largest Government departments to automate its internal office procedures via this facility as Over 50,000 officers and staff will use this application.
Fundamental Change of using this Application:
- change in internal office procedures which is so far based on manual handling of files and paper movement.
- E-Office would complement its many other IT led reforms
- aimed at enhancing the ease of doing business for the trade and industry.
Developer of E- Office Application:
Developed by the National Informatics Centre (NIC) and is supported by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG).
Key Features of E-office Application:
- aims to improve governance by automating the internal processes of handling files and taking decisions within Government.
- e-Office application’s main module, e-File, enables on-line file related work, starting from receiving and marking dak, operating a file, preparing a draft letter, its approval/signature and dispatch of the signed letter.
- lead to speedier decision making, transparency, accountability,
- positive impact on the environment by cutting down the use of paper and printing.
- e-Office ensures enhanced security as no file or document can be altered or destroyed or backdated.
- An in-built monitoring mechanism would identify where the files are held up enabling quick disposal and faster decision making.
E-office will help during covid -19 pandemic
E-Office would help avoid contact with physical files thereby preventing possible transmission of any virus.
The author of the above article is CS Lalit Rajput, Partner at Xcede Consultech LLP.
Email id: [email protected]
Disclaimer:The article or blog or post (by whatever name) in this website is based on the writer’s personal views and interpretation of Act. The writer does not accept any liabilities for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of information and for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
Also, www.babatax.com and its members do not accept any liability, obligation or responsibility for author’s article and understanding of user.
For Advertising with us-
- Mail us at [email protected]
- Whatsapp us at +91-7024984925