EPF Withdrawal: Withdraw non-refundable advance from EPFO account in this COVID-19
Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO), India Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India has issued Instructions for filing online claims from EPF Account for the purpose – “Outbreak of Pandemic (COVID-19)”
Prior Conditions for Withdrawal from EPF Account-
1. Universal Account Number (UAN) Should be activated.
2. Verified Aadhaar should be linked with UAN.
3. Bank Account with IFSC code linked with UAN.
4. Mobile number linked with UAN.
Upto 75% of PF Balance (Employer share and Employee Share) or 3 months of basic salary and dearness allowance or the claimed amount by the member, whichever is the less can be claimed by the member.
How to File online Advance Claim?
1. Login to Member Interface of Unified Portal .
2. Go to Online Services > Claim (Form-31,19,10C and 10D).
3. Enter last 4 digits of your Bank Account and verify.
4. Click on “Proceed For Online Claim”.
5. Select PF Advance (Form 31) from the drop down.
6. Select purpose as “Outbreak of pandemic (COVID-19)” from the drop down.
7. Enter amount required and Upload scanned copy of cheque and enter your address.
8. Click on “Get Aadhaar OTP”.
9. Enter the OTP received on Aadhaar linked mobile.
10. Claim is submitted.
11. After approval from the department, payment gets transferred to applicant’s Bank Accounts.
Points to be kept in mind
1. Advance under COVID-19 category can be availed only once.
2. An active mobile number linked with Adhaar is mandatory and the present UAN should be validated with Aadhar. After that you can apply for advance.
3. In case your employer is not acting on your request, you can directly approach admin/HR department with request. If it is taking more time you can escalate it to higher authority in the organization.
4. If you are facing inordinate delays you may register your grievance at http://.epfigms.gov.in and check its status at http://epfigms.gov.in/Status. Meanwhile you may also contact the concerned EPF office for guidance.
5. Please ensure that your Bank Account remains valid and up to date in UAN. Always check that bank account as shown in your login profile is correct and account is active for settlement into correct account. Incorrect and invalid bank account number including wrong IFSC will lead to return of payments sent to Bank.
For any questions, you may reach us at Discussion Forum
The author of the above article is CS Lalit Rajput, Partner at Xcede Consultech LLP.
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer:The article or blog or post (by whatever name) in this website is based on the writer’s personal views and interpretation of Act. The writer does not accept any liabilities for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of information and for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
Also, www.babatax.com and its members do not accept any liability, obligation or responsibility for author’s article and understanding of user.
For Advertising with us-
- Mail us at email@example.com
- Whatsapp us at +91-7024984925