Goods and Services Tax (GST) Annual Return of FY 2018-19 likely to extend
According to news sources, there is a strong possibility that the due date of GST Annual Return, GSTR-9 and GSTR-9C, for FY 2018-19 will be extended in the upcoming meeting of the GST Council on 14 March 2020. The key reason for the same is the technical defaults on GST Portal that taxpayers are facing.
The Current due date for GST Annual Return and GST Audit for FY 2018-19 is 31st March 2020. But it is highly expected that due date will be extended in light of continuous technical gliches.
The main reason is that the GST Portal for filing Annual return of FY 2018-19 got open very late. Also, following other problems faced by the taxpayers are as follows-
1. One main issue on the portal was if you have not yet submitted your 2017-18 annual return (GSTR-9), the GST portal doesn’t allow you to submit an annual return for the financial year 2018-19.
2. Auto Populated Data of GSTR-2A (Input Tax Credit) is not showing in Table 8 of GSTR-9.
3 Also at the time of offline downloading GSTR 2A, the Portal quotes “File Generation is in progress, please try after sometime.”
4. Input taken in TRAN (2017-18) is showing in GSTR-9 of 2018-19.
5. Also in some cases, the Financial year does not appear.
Disclaimer:The article or blog or post (by whatever name) in this website is based on the writer’s personal views and interpretation of Act. The writer does not accept any liabilities for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of information and for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
Also, www.babatax.com and its members do not accept any liability, obligation or responsibility for author’s article and understanding of user.
For Advertising with us-
- Mail us at email@example.com
- Whatsapp us at 7024984925