ICAI: Enrollment of members to act as observers for CA Exams November 2020 -Eligibility, Honorarium, Duties, How to enroll
Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is proposed to empanel members to act as Observers for the forthcoming NOVEMBER 2020 Chartered Accountants Examinations scheduled as under:
|Foundation, Intermediate (IPC), Intermediate and Final exams (Old and New scheme, PQC)||from 1st NOVEMBER to 18th NOVEMBER 2020 (except 13th & 14th November, 2020)|
Eligibility criteria for empanelment
Members who fulfill the following criteria are eligible for empanelment, to act as Observers.-
1. He/she should not be more than 65 years of age as on the date of empanelment; i.e. 20th August, 2020.
2. His/her name should have been borne on the Register of Members as on 1st May, 2018 and continues to be so;
3. Neither he/she nor his/her relatives* or dependant* is / will be appearing in the ensuing Chartered Accountants Examinations for students / Post – Qualification Course Examinations in November, 2020 in any examination centres in India or Abroad. However, applying or appearance in ISA – AT will not be considered a disability for observership for NOVEMBER, 2020 Examinations.
[* the term “relative” or “dependant” for the purpose shall include, in relation to an individual, the wife, husband, son, daughter-in-law, daughter, son-in-law, grandson, grand daughter, brother, brother’s wife, brother’s son, brother’s daughter, sister, sister’s husband, sister’s son, sister’s daughter, wife’s brother, wife’s sister and husband’s brother and husband’s sister]
4. He/she is not coaching students for any of the examinations / test conducted by the Council of the Institute in any institutions / organization including Regional Councils / Branches of the Institute and also private coaching.
5. He/she has not been convicted by any court of Law and no disciplinary proceedings are pending against him/her, either by the ICAI / Disciplinary Directorate or by any other organization, both in India or abroad.
6. He/she is not associated with the Institute as an elected/co-opted member of the Council / Regional Council / Managing Committee of any Branch of the ICAI.
7. He/she shall abide by the Guidelines for Observer and / or any other instructions.
Honorarium of Rs 1500/- per day / per session and Rs 350/- as conveyance reimbursement for ‘A’ class cities and Rs 250/- for other cities per day (to cover cost of local travel) besides reimbursement of postal, stationery, telephone expenses, if any, will be paid.
The list of A class cities is as under:
Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi/ New Delhi, Hyderabad/ Secunderabad, Jaipur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, and Pune.
Duties of Observer
A member will be allotted duties in the city of his professional address only as per Institute’s records.
The main duty of the observer is to ensure that the Question Paper Packets meant for the day of the exam, with the right code of the day are collected from the bank, (where they are kept under safe custody) opened and distributed to the candidates. Accordingly, Observer is required to be present in the assigned branch of the Bank/ Examination Centre from the time when the code key is opened in the bank till the conclusion of the examination, i.e. till the answer books are pooled, reconciled, packed and handed over to the designated courier agency (including answer sheet of physically handicapped candidates, if any) for dispatch to the Examination Department.
Once the duties are assigned for acting as an Observer in a particular examination centre, he/she should attend to the said assignment and send his/her report and bill in the prescribed format immediately after the completion of his / her assignment.
In case any member is unable to perform his / her assignment, the same may be communicated to the Examination Department well in advance, so that alternative arrangement can be made. If a member neither informs the Examination Department nor discharges the duties assigned, he/she would be liable for such action under the provisions of the Chartered Accountants Act 1949 and the Regulations framed thereunder, as deemed fit.
Kindly note that giving false/misleading declaration regarding conflict of interest / involvement in coaching will lead to action under disciplinary provisions in accordance with the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 and the Rules and Regulations framed thereunder.
How to empanel
A member who fulfills the above mentioned eligibility criteria, desirous of empanelling himself for the assignment, may do so, online at http://observers.icaiexam.icai.org.
Applications by any other mode will not be entertained. The activity schedule of the portal is as under:
|Opening of the window for empanelment||20th August 2020|
|Closing of the window for empanelment||10th September 2020|
|Hosting of the details of allotment of assignments||20th October 2020 (Tentative)|
Disclaimer:The article or blog or post (by whatever name) in this website is based on the writer’s personal views and interpretation of Act. The writer does not accept any liabilities for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of information and for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
Also, www.babatax.com and its members do not accept any liability, obligation or responsibility for author’s article and understanding of user.
For Collaboration with us-
- Mail us at [email protected]
- Whatsapp us at +91-7024984925