Income Tax Due date calendar for September 2020
The Income Tax due date has been extended due to COVID-19 to provide relief to tax payers by Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
Income tax due date
|Compliance Particulars||Due Dates||Revised Due Dates|
|Filing of original return for the Assessment Year 2019-20 u/s 139 (1)||30-07-2020||30-09-2020|
|Filing of belated return for the Assessment Year 2019-20 u/s 139 (4)||30-06-2020||30-09-2020|
|Filing of revised return for the Assessment Year 2019-20 u/s 139 (5)||30-06-2020||30-09-2020|
|Investment/ construction/ purchase for claiming roll over benefit/ deduction in respect of capital gains under sections 54 to 54GB||30-06-2020||30-09-2020|
|Furnishing of Form 24G by an office of the Government for the month of: April to November 2020||Within 15 days from the end of the month||31-03-2020|
|New procedure for registration, approval or notification entities under u/s 10(23C), 12AA, 35 and 80G||01-06-2020||01-10-2020|
|Tax audit report for FY 2019-20||–||31-10-2020|
|The date for commencement of operation for the SEZ units for claiming tax holiday||–||30-09-2020|
|Instalments of Advance Tax for the Assessment year 2021-22||15-09-2020||15-09-2020|
Important Income Tax updates
1. PAN-Aadhaar For more click hereing deadline FURTHER extended to beyond June, 2020
The due date for linking of PAN with Aadhaar as specified under sub-section 2 of Section 139AA of the Income-tax Act,1961 has been extended from 31st December, 2019 to 31st March, 2020 and further extended to 31st March, 2021 due to COVID – 19 outbreak.
2. In line with the circular number 13/2020, e-Verification of Return data of AY 2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18,2018-19 and 2019-20 has been re-enabled upto 30-September-2020 for taxpayers who could not verify the Return data within the stipulated timelines. Process to e-Verify — Post Login > My Account > e-Verify Return Data of Previous Years > Click ‘e-Verify’ > Select the verification option and verify the Return Data. To view Circular 13/2020, Click here
4. This year ITR-1 form has introduced schedule DI to provide details of the tax-saving investments made in the extended period till July 31, 2020. To avoid payment of excessive tax, it is advisable that you should fill the information in the required columns.
5. For NRI investors, 20% plus surcharge and cess is withheld. However, tax will be assessed on the basis of documents submitted to avail tax treaty benefit under DTAA.
6. Income tax return filing deadline for FY 2019-20 extended to November 30, 2020
As per the government announcement via a press conference, “Due date for all income-tax return for FY 2019-20 will be extended from July 31, 2020, and October 31, 2020, to November 30, 2020, and tax audit from September 30, 2020 to 31st October 2020.”
- The government has also reduced the TDS rates applicable for non-salaried payments.
- To provide more funds to taxpayers, TDS for non-salaried specified payments made to residents and rates of TCS for specified receipts shall be reduced by 25%.
7. TAX REFORMS ANNOUNCED BY HON’BLE PM ON 13.08.2020
The ‘Transparent Taxation – Honoring The Honest’ platform will initiate major tax reforms aimed at bringing transparency in income tax systems and empowering taxpayers. It has also been focussing on simplification of direct tax laws and increasing transparency in communication. A major step in this regard was the introduction of Document Identification Number (DIN) wherein every communication of the department would carry a computer generated unique document identification number.
Key Announcements in the PM Speech
- Taxpayers’ Charter
- Faceless Assessments to be made effective from 13.08.2020
- Faceless Appeals to be made effective from 25.09.2020
- Extending Scope of SFT (notification to be issued)
Statutory Orders to give effect of PM announcements
- Order u/s 119 dt 13.08.2020 Power of survey u/s 133 A
- Order u/s 119 dt 13.08.2020 Faceless Assessment
- Transfer order dt 13.08.2020 wherein number of field officers transferred under NeAC
Key highlights of Faceless assessments / faceless appeals
- Faceless assessment will be effective from 13 August 2020.
- Faceless income tax appeal will be effective from 25 September 2020.
Important Income Tax Notifications
|Sl. No.||Particulars of the Notification(s)||File No. / Circular No.||Notification For more click here(s)|
|1.||the Income-tax (19th Amendment) Rules, 2020||G.S.R. 499(E) Notification no. 58/2020||FOR MORE CLICK HERE|
|2.||the Central Government, in consultation with the Chief Justice of the High Court of Bombay, hereby designates the following courts of Magistrates of First Class||S.O. 2682(E) Notification no. 59/2020||FOR MORE CLICK HERE|
|3.||the Central Government has made the major amendments in the E-assessment Scheme, 2019||S.O. 2745 (E). Notification no. 60/2020||FOR MORE CLICK HERE|
|4.||the Central Government has made amendments in the notification of the Government of India, Ministry of Finance (Department of Revenue), Central Board of Direct Taxes, published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, vide number S.O 3265 (E) dated the 12th September, 2019||S.O. 2746(E) Notification no. 61/2020||FOR MORE CLICK HERE|
|5.||amendments in the notification of the Government of India, Ministry of Finance published in the Gazette of India, vide no. S.O. 2753 (E) dated the 22nd October, 2014||S.O. 2754(E). Notification no. 62/2020||FOR MORE CLICK HERE|
|6.||amendments in the notification of the Government of India, vide S.O. 2752(E) dated the 22nd October, 2014||S.O. 2755(E) Notification no. 63/2020||FOR MORE CLICK HERE|
|7.||the Income-tax Authorities of the National e-Assessment Centre||S.O. 2756(E) Notification no. 64/2020||FOR MORE CLICK HERE|
|8.||the Income-tax Authorities of Regional e-Assessment Centres||S.O. 2757(E) Notification no. 65/2020||FOR MORE CLICK HERE|
|9.||Various amendments by Central Board of Direct Taxes||S.O. 2758(E) Notification no. 66/2020||FOR MORE CLICK HERE|
|10.||the Income-tax (20th Amendment) Rules, 2020.||Notification No. 67/2020 F. No. 370142/ 28/2020-TPL||FOR MORE CLICK HERE|
|11.||CORRIGENDUM date 27th August, 2020||Notification No. 68/2020/F. No. 187/3/2020 (ITA.-I)||FOR MORE CLICK HERE|
|12.||Imposition of charge on the prescribed electronic modes under section 269SU of the Income-tax Act, 1961 – reg.||Circular no. 16, F .No .370142/35 /2019-TPL-Pt||FOR MORE CLICK HERE|
The author of the above article is CS Lalit Rajput, Partner at Xcede Consultech LLP.
Email id: [email protected]
Disclaimer:The article or blog or post (by whatever name) in this website is based on the writer’s personal views and interpretation of Act. The writer does not accept any liabilities for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of information and for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
Also, www.babatax.com and its members do not accept any liability, obligation or responsibility for author’s article and understanding of user.
For Collaborating with us-
- Mail us at [email protected]
- Whatsapp us at +91-7024984925