90% Income Tax Portal glitches resolved, now taxpayers can e-file returns easily

Income Tax Portal

According to sources, the Income Tax portal has begun to function properly, with over 90% of the platform’s glitches resolved. They stated that taxpayers can begin filing returns on the platform. Infosys will resolve the remaining 10% of the problems in the next 10-15 days.

As of October 28, 2021, over 2.25 crore income tax returns (ITRs) had been filed on the Income Tax e-filing portal for the financial year 2021-22. The new IT portal has been used to prepare over 55% of these ITRs.

Since its launch, the new income tax portal, developed by Indian IT company Infosys, has had its share of glitches, prompting finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman to ask Infosys to fix them again nd again. Infosys CEO Salil Parekh said earlier this month that taxpayers’ complaints are being “progressively addressed” and that the site is making good progress.

Read Also: Income tax intimation notice got after ITR filing? Know what to check first

On June 7, the Income Tax Department released a new “taxpayer-friendly” portal. It permits interactions, uploads, and any pending actions, as well as quick refunds. The objective was to reduce the amount of time it took to process returns from 63 days to one day, and to ensure that reimbursements were processed quickly.
However, taxpayers have been dissatisfied by the portal thus far, as they have discovered over 25 problems and glitches. The problems range from logging in and extended to inability to respond to notices.

In 2019, the company received Rs 4,200 crore to create the portal. It had also developed the Goods and Services Tax Portal for around 1,400 crores. According to the sources, the GST portal also has various “areas of dissatisfaction.”

Read Also: Income tax notice for Rs 3.47 crore issued to e-rickshaw driver

Disclaimer:The article or blog or post (by whatever name) in this website is based on the writer’s personal views and interpretation of Act. The writer does not accept any liabilities for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of information and for any actions taken in reliance thereon. 
Also, www.babatax.com and its members do not accept any liability, obligation or responsibility for author’s article and understanding of user.

For Collaborating with us-

Tags: blog

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Fill out this field
Fill out this field
Please enter a valid email address.
You need to agree with the terms to proceed