CA Exam July 2021: Highlights of SC final verdict on opt out scheme
The Supreme Court of India heard a petition on the opt-out option for Chartered Accountants, CA Exams 2021. It has issued an order directing the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI, to establish a comprehensive plan for the July exams opt-out option.
The arguments were heard by a bench of Justices AM Khanwilkar, Dinesh Maheshwari, and Aniruddha Bose after the SOP was submitted in the highest court today over the CA exams. The SOP was drafted and filed in response to the SC’s several questions. The Bench, however, judged it insufficient and ordered the ICAI to add different points as specified in the decision.
Comprehensive Opt-out Scheme for CA Exams July 2021:
- Candidates who have suffered personally or through family members and have been confirmed by a medical practitioner as being unable to take the exam should be permitted to opt out and the exam should not be deemed an attempt.
- In 2021, such a candidate will be allowed to repeat both the old and new courses if the circumstances are favourable.
- If a medical practitioner’s report is included with the application for opting out, the candidate does not need to submit an RTPCR report.
- The institute would ensure rigorous adherence to SOP in terms of logistical arrangements, including infrastructural and human resource.
- The ICAI should satisfy all candidates’ fears about presenting in the examination centre. It’s also been stated that if a candidate taking the exam gets COVID during the exam, he can opt out and it won’t be counted as an attempt. They will be able to administer the exam during the November cycle.
- In the event of a last-minute change of examination centre, the Bench rejected the ICAI’s request that the candidate will not be permitted to opt out if it is in the same city. The Court ruled that candidates should be permitted to opt out, and that it would not be considered a failed attempt.
- A proposal to have back up exams in July end for a set of students who could not appear for the July 5 Exams due to COVID or center related issue is under consideration. However, this is not to be confused with the main exam of November.
In a statement on the subject, the Bench stated that it will not interfere with the regulations of the exams imposed by. It did, however, request that the body provide candidates with an unrestricted choice to opt out. The situation has now been resolved.
According to the schedule, CA Final Exams 2021 will begin on July 5 and last through July 19. CA Inter Exams 2021 will be held between July 6 and July 20, while CA Foundation exams, which were originally slated to begin on June 24, have been rescheduled to begin on July 24.
Disclaimer:The article or blog or post (by whatever name) in this website is based on the writer’s personal views and interpretation of Act. The writer does not accept any liabilities for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of information and for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
Also, www.babatax.com and its members do not accept any liability, obligation or responsibility for author’s article and understanding of user.
For Advertising with us-
- Mail us at email@example.com
- Whatsapp us at +91-7024984925