Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Dated the 17th June, 2021
The Principal Chief Commissioners/ Chief Commissioners/ Principal Commissioners/ Commissioner of Central Tax (All) / The Principal Director Generals/ Director Generals (All) Madam/Sir,
Sub: GST on service supplied by State Govt. to their undertakings or PSUs by way of guaranteeing loans taken by them –reg.
Certain representations have been received requesting for clarification regarding applicability of GST on supply of service by State Govt. to their undertakings or PSUs by way of guaranteeing loans. The issue was examined by GST Council in its 43rd meeting held on 28th May, 2021.
- Entry No. 34A of Notification no. 12/2017-Central Tax (Rate) dated 28.06.2017 exempts “Services supplied by Central Government, State Government, Union territory to their undertakings or Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) by way of guaranteeing the loans taken by such undertakings or PSUs from the banking companies and financial institutions.”
- Accordingly, as recommended by the Council, it is re-iterated that guaranteeing of loans by Central or State Government for their undertaking or PSU is specifically exempt under said entry No. 34A.
- Difficulty, if any, in the implementation of this circular may be brought to the notice of the Board.
Technical Officer (TRU)
Disclaimer:The article or blog or post (by whatever name) in this website is based on the writer’s personal views and interpretation of Act. The writer does not accept any liabilities for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of information and for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
Also, www.babatax.com and its members do not accept any liability, obligation or responsibility for author’s article and understanding of user.
For Advertising with us-
- Mail us at [email protected]
- Whatsapp us at +91-7024984925