CBIC issued clarification on GST rate on laterals /parts of Sprinklers or Drip Irrigation System
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Dated the 17th June, 2021
Principal Chief Commissioners/ Principal Directors General, Chief Commissioners/ Directors General, Principal Commissioners/ Commissioners of GST and Central Tax (AII),
Sub: Clarification regarding GST rate on laterals/parts of Sprinklers or Drip Irrigation System–regarding.
Representations have been received seeking clarification regarding GST rate on parts of Sprinklers or Drip Irrigation System, when they are supplied separately ( i.e. not along with entire sprinklers or drip irrigation system). This issue was examined in the 43rd meeting of GST Council held on the 28th May, 2021.
- The GST rate on Sprinklers or Drip Irrigation System along with their laterals/parts are governed by S.No. ‘195B’ under Schedule II of notification No. 1/2017- Central Tax (Rate), dated 28th June, 2017 which has been inserted vide notification No. 6/2018- Central Tax (Rate), dated 25th January, 2018 and reads as below:
|S. No.||Chapter Heading/ Sub-heading/Tariff Item||Description of Goods||CGST rate|
|195B||8424||Sprinklers; drip irrigation systems including laterals; mechanical sprayer||6%|
- The matter is examined. The intention of this entry has been to cover laterals (pipes to be used solely with with sprinklers/drip irrigation system) and such parts that are suitable for use solely or principally with ‘sprinklers or drip irrigation system’, as classifiable under heading 8424 as per Note 2 (b) to Section XVI to the HSN. Hence, laterals/parts to be used solely or principally with sprinklers or drip irrigation system, which are classifiable under heading 8424, would attract a GST of 12%, even if supplied separately. However, any part of general use, which gets classified in a heading other than 8424, in terms of Section Note and Chapter Notes to HSN, shall attract GST as applicable to the respective heading.
- Difficulty, if any, may be brought to the notice of the Board immediately. Hindi version shall follow.
Patil Sameer Shivajirao
Disclaimer:The article or blog or post (by whatever name) in this website is based on the writer’s personal views and interpretation of Act. The writer does not accept any liabilities for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of information and for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
Also, www.babatax.com and its members do not accept any liability, obligation or responsibility for author’s article and understanding of user.
For Advertising with us-
- Mail us at [email protected]
- Whatsapp us at +91-7024984925