E-Way Bill: Blocking of EWB generation facility for taxpayers with AATO over Rs 5 Cr., after 15th Oct, 2020
Goods and Service Tax Network has released a statement of Blocking of E-Way Bill (EWB) generation facility for taxpayers with Aggregate Annual Turnover over Rs 5 Cr., after 15th October, 2020. The statement is as follows-
1. In terms of Rule 138 E (b) of the CGST Rules, 2017, the E Way Bill generation facility of a person is liable to be restricted, in case the person fails to file their GSTR-3B returns, for a consecutive period of two months or more.
2. As you might be aware that the GST Council in its last meeting has decided that this provision will be made applicable for the taxpayers whose Aggregate Annual Turn Over (AATO, PAN based) is more than Rs 5 Crores.
3. Thus, if the GSTIN associated with the respective PAN (with AATO over Rs 5 Cr.) has failed to file their GSTR-3B Return for 02 or more tax periods, up to the month of tax period of August, 2020, their EWB generation facility will be blocked on the EWB Portal. Please note that the EWB generation facility for such GSTINs (whether as consignor or consignee or by transporter) will be blocked on EWB Portal after 15th October, 2020.
4. To avail continuous EWB generation facility on EWB Portal, you are therefore advised to file your pending GSTR 3B returns immediately.
Read Also: Top 20 Questions on E-Way Bill
5. Please ignore this update if:
- You are not registered on the EWB portal or
- You have already filed your GSTR-3B Return for August, 2020 or
- Your AATO (PAN based) is below Rs 5 Cr.
Disclaimer:The article or blog or post (by whatever name) in this website is based on the writer’s personal views and interpretation of Act. The writer does not accept any liabilities for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of information and for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
Also, www.babatax.com and its members do not accept any liability, obligation or responsibility for author’s article and understanding of user.
For Collaboration with us-
- Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Whatsapp us at +91-7024984925