GSTN Alert to Taxpayers on fake messages on GST Refund
GSTN has issued an alert notification dated 03rd May, 2020 to Taxpayers on fake messages on GST Refund and to Safeguard Taxpayers from fake messages on GST Refunds.
BEWARE of FRAUD website https://onlinefilingindia.in . It is trying to BAIT taxpayers to reveal personal and bank details. DO NOT respond to messages, mails and lookalike websites which ask for your personal details.
Need of this Hour
Some fraudulent messages are being circulated on WhatsApp, Email and SMS, claiming to process GST refund. Some miscreants have started to take undue advantage of Covid-19 crisis, by sending out fake messages with phishing links. To safeguard Taxpayers this alert is much needed.
Don’t click on fake links
- Such link takes to a portal claimed to have been developed by GSTN. The same is fake and Government has notified only www.gst.gov.in as the common portal, under the GST Laws.
- The taxpayers are asked to fill important information such as- Personal details, Address, Refund Details and KYC Verification, which may not only will cause financial losses to the taxpayer but also enable such unscrupulous elements to steal their personal data for mala fide intentions.
Kindly take note of GSTN advices
- Please be informed that GST refunds can be claimed through GST portal www.gst.gov.in only.
- Any other source, portal with similar interface, message claiming to process GST refunds are fraudulent.
- Please also note that GST Network does not ask personal information, refund details and KYC verification through email, WhatsApp or SMS or through any other website.
- Taxpayers are advised to remain cautious against such messages and use GST portal www.gst.gov.in for refund application or any other GST related activity.
Do’s regarding Refund applications
|1. Use only GST portal www.gst.gov.in for claiming refunds|
|2. For any information on claiming GST refund, checking status of the refund applicatioN|
|3. Remember that GST Network never call detailed personal information and refund details on email, WhatsApp or SMS|
|4. Stay updated with News & Update section of www.gst.gov.in for any official and authorized information|
|5. In case of any query of confusion, please call GST helpdesk 1800-103-4786.|
Don’ts regarding Refund applications
|1. Do not reply to any message claiming to process GST refunds|
|2. Do not open any link or attachment in the message|
|3. Never fill any personal detail and other information on any platform other than GST portal for claiming refunds|
|4. Do not call at the number mentioned in the message|
|5. Do not trust information from any source other than the GST portal which uses similar portal names and interface|
For any questions, you may reach us at Discussion Forum
The author of the above article is CS Lalit Rajput, Partner at Xcede Consultech LLP.
Email id: [email protected]
Disclaimer:The article or blog or post (by whatever name) in this website is based on the writer’s personal views and interpretation of Act. The writer does not accept any liabilities for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of information and for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
Also, www.babatax.com and its members do not accept any liability, obligation or responsibility for author’s article and understanding of user.
For Advertising with us-
- Mail us at [email protected]
- Whatsapp us at +91-7024984925