GSTN: Restarting Blocking of E-Way Bill (EWB) generation facility
Blocking of E-Way Bill: 1. The blocking of E-way bill generation facility had been temporarily suspended by Government on account of Covid pandemic. In terms of Rule 138 E (a) and (b) of the CGST Rules, 2017, the E Way Bill generation facility of a person is liable to be restricted, in case the person fails to file their return in Form GSTR-3B / statement in CMP-08, for consecutive two tax periods or more, whether Monthly or Quarterly.
2. The blocking of EWB generation facility has now resumed on the EWB portal for all the taxpayers. Going forward, from the tax period August, 2021 onwards, the System will periodically check the status of returns filed in Form GSTR-3B or the statements filed in Form GST CMP-08 as per the regular procedure followed before pandemic, and block the generation of EWBs as per rule.
3. To avail EWB generation facility on EWB Portal on continuous basis, you are, therefore, advised to file your pending GSTR 3B returns/ CMP-08 Statement on regular basis.
4. For details of blocking and unblocking EWB, Click on below link:
Note: Please ignore this update if you are not registered on the EWB portal.
Disclaimer:The article or blog or post (by whatever name) in this website is based on the writer’s personal views and interpretation of Act. The writer does not accept any liabilities for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of information and for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
Also, www.babatax.com and its members do not accept any liability, obligation or responsibility for author’s article and understanding of user.
For Collaborating with us-
- Mail us at [email protected]
- Whatsapp us at +91-7024984925