ICAI CA Exam 2021: The Supreme Court will hear a request for a postponement and more exam centres
On Monday, the Supreme Court will hear a petition asking for a suspension of the Chartered Accountancy (CA) tests set for July if adherence to Covid protocols cannot be guaranteed. In addition to deferring the exams, the petition asks the Supreme Court to order an opt-out option, an extra attempt, and more exam centres for the ICAI CA examinations, which are set to commence on July 5. Anubha Shrivastava Sahai, a child rights activist, filed the petition, which will be heard by a three-judge panel consisting of Justice AM Khanwilkar, Justice Dinesh Maheshwari, and Justice Aniruddha Bose.
Read Also: ICAI Foundation, Intermediate (IPC), Intermediate, Final Admit Card Released, Check how to download
What Plea Says?
- Aside from exam deferment and opt-out possibilities, the petitioner has asked for free transportation and lodging for hopefuls who do not live near their respective Examination Centers.
- The petitioner has requested that the number of Examination Centres for CA Exams be increased such that at least one Examination Centre is kept in each District of India and that no more than 50 students are assigned to each Centre.
- For those centres that are likely to be placed in the containment zone during the examination, there is a stand-by examination centre.
Earlier on Sunday, a group of 6000 students preparing for the CA exams wrote a letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi urging him to take Suo-moto action on a number of issues, including the postponement of exams due to the pandemic’s adverse effects, the extension of old course attempts, and other reliefs.
Disclaimer:The article or blog or post (by whatever name) in this website is based on the writer’s personal views and interpretation of Act. The writer does not accept any liabilities for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of information and for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
Also, www.babatax.com and its members do not accept any liability, obligation or responsibility for author’s article and understanding of user.
For Collaborating with us-
- Mail us at [email protected]
- Whatsapp us at +91-7024984925