ICAI opt out option announced for CA July 2021 exams
CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT EXAMINATIONS, MAY/ JULY 2021
In continuation of the ICAI Announcements dated 5th June 2021 whereby it was announced that the Chartered Accountant (Final, Intermediate/ IPC and PQC Courses) Examinations are scheduled to be held from 5th July 2021 to 20th July, 2021 and Chartered Accountant (Foundation) Examination on July 24th, 26th, 28th and 30th, 2021 from 2 PM to 5 PM (IST).
In this regard it is hereby informed that:
- In case Examinee himself / herself or his / her grandparents, parents, spouse, children & siblings (residing in the same premises) are infected with Covid – 19, such examinees will be provided “opt out option” (with carryover of fee paid and exemptions granted) to the November,2021 examination cycle .Examinees availing this facility need to adhere to the following guidelines:
- The opt out can be exercised by login into examination portal and submitting Covid-19 positive RTPCR Report, Aadhar Card and self declaration form (as prescribed by ICAI)
- The Examinee has to submit the Covid-19 positive RTPCR report issued by the Government recognized laboratory. (It may be noted that all such reports shall be verified by ICAI from the said laboratory and in case the same is found to be false/ fabricated, strict actions as decided by the Committee shall be taken)
- The Examinee has to submit his / her Aadhar Card along with Aadhar Card of infected relative, as the case may be.
- Examinees may note that Covid-19 positive RTPCR report shall be of a date which is on and after the date of issue of this announcement to any date up to the conclusion of the examination of the course for which the examinee has applied to appear.
- Examinees who opt out from May/ July, 2021 Examination cycle will be allowed to write their examinations in November 2021 Examination Cycle. The last attempt of the Old Course for Final and Intermediate (IPC) examinations shall be extended to November 2021 examinations only for those students who are allowed to opt out from May/ July 2021 examinations.
- If a Student has opted out in any paper during the entire cycle of the examination then he/she will not be permitted to appear in any of the remaining paper.
- If a student has appeared for first group and then opts out before the conclusion of the examination of last paper of the second group, the result of the first group will be declared and opt out option will apply only to the second group.
The Candidates are further advised to note the above and stay in touch with the website of the Institute, www.icai.org. Wish you all a happy, safe and successful examination!
(S. K. Garg)
Additional Secretary (Examinations)
Read Also: ICAI Foundation, Intermediate (IPC), Intermediate, Final Admit Card Released, Check how to download
Disclaimer:The article or blog or post (by whatever name) in this website is based on the writer’s personal views and interpretation of Act. The writer does not accept any liabilities for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of information and for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
Also, www.babatax.com and its members do not accept any liability, obligation or responsibility for author’s article and understanding of user.
For Collaborating with us-
- Mail us at [email protected]
- Whatsapp us at +91-7024984925