Income Tax Return Due date calendar for the month of June, 2020
Income Tax Return filing Due date : Compliance requirement under Income Tax Act, 1961 for the month of June, 2020 are as follows-
|Particulars||Due Dates||Revised Due Dates|
|Filing of belated return for the AY 2019-20||31.03.2020||30.06.2020|
|Filing of revised return for the AY 2019-20||31.03.2020||30.06.2020|
|Sending an intimation after processing of return of income (ITR), if the return is filed: |
a) During Financial Year 2018-19 under section 139;
b) During Financial Year 2018-19 in response to a notice issued under section 142(1)
|Furnishing of TDS Statement for the fourth quarter (Jan – March, 2020) of the Financial Year 2019-20||31.05.2020||30.06.2020|
|Furnishing of TDS Statement in form 26QB/26QC/ 26QD for |
a) February, 2020
b) March, 2020
c) April, 2020
|Furnishing of TCS Statement for fourth quarter of the Financial Year 2019-20||15.05.2020||30.06.2020|
|Issue of TCS certificate for the fourth quarter of the FY 2019-20||30.05.2020||30.06.2020|
|Furnishing of Form 24G by an office of the Government for the month of|
a) March, 2020
b) April, 2020
c) May, 2020
|Due date to send the intimation for processing of statement of TDS/TCS filed during the FY 2018-19||31.03.2020||30.06.2020|
|Investment in 80C/ 80D, Capital Gain investment schemes, Donations etc.||31.03.2020||30.06.2020|
|Vivad se Vishwas Scheme (Not liable to pay additional 10%. No interest and penalty will be applicable)||31.03.2020||31.12.2020|
Important updates on Income Tax
- The CBDT vide the Taxation and Other Laws (Relaxation of Certain Provisions) Ordinance, 2020 dated 31-03-2020 has extended all respective due dates, falling during the period from 20-03-2020 to 29-06-2020, till June 30, 2020.
- The benefit of extended due date shall not be available in respect of payment of tax. However, any delay in payment of tax which is due for payment from 20-03-2020 to 29-06-2020 shall attract interest at the lower rate of 0.75% for every month or part thereof, if same is paid after the due date but on or before 30-06-2020.
- PAN-Aadhaar linking deadline Further extended to June, 2020: The due date for linking of PAN with Aadhaar as specified under sub-section 2 of Section 139AA of the Income-tax Act,1961 has been extended from 31st December, 2019 to 31st March, 2020 and further extended to 30th June, 2020 due to COVID – 19 outbreak.
- Income Tax Refund: CBDT has announced all pending Income Tax Refunds up to 5 Lakhs in order to help in COVID-19 situation.
- Income tax return filing: Income tax return filing dates for AY 2020-21 with respect to all assesses (Individual, Non-Individual cases, audit and non-audit cases) are extended till 30th Nov, 2020.
- Replying to Notices, Assessments, Appeals, Revisional matters and any compliance matters : Taxpayers will get more time for replying to notices, assessments, appeals and compliances, till 30.06.2020.
- The deadline for employers to issue the TDS certificate, i.e., Form 16 for FY 2019-20 to employees stands extended to June 30, 2020.
- Ministry Of Finance (Department Of Revenue) (Central Board Of Direct Taxes) has notifies ITR Form ― Sahaj (ITR-1), Form ITR-2, Form ITR-3, Form Sugam (ITR-4), Form ITR-5, Form ITR-6, Form ITR-7 and Form ITR-V for Assessment Year 2020-21 i.e. financial Year 2019-20.
The author of the above article is CS Lalit Rajput, Partner at Xcede Consultech LLP.
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer:The article or blog or post (by whatever name) in this website is based on the writer’s personal views and interpretation of Act. The writer does not accept any liabilities for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of information and for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
Also, www.babatax.com and its members do not accept any liability, obligation or responsibility for author’s article and understanding of user.
For Advertising with us-
- Mail us at email@example.com
- Whatsapp us at +91-7024984925