GST Return Due date calendar for the month of June, 2020
GST Return Filing: Keeping in view the preventive measures taken to contain the spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the difficulties being faced by the GST taxpayer, Ministry of Finance, Department of Revenue, Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs, has extended the due date for Filing GST Returns. The GST Return calendar for June 2020 is as follows-
GSTR 3B Due Dates for tax period of May 2020
- If Turnover more than Rs 5 Crore – Due date of GSTR 3B is 27.06.2020
- If Turnover less than Rs 5 Crore (in two parts):
|Due Date – 12.07.2020||Due Date – 14.07.2020|
|For 15 States/UT’s:|
(Chhattisgarh, MP, Gujarat, Daman and Diu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Goa, Lakshadweep, Kerala, TN, Puducherry, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh)
|For 22 States/UT’s: |
(J&K, Laddakh, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Chandigarh, Uttarakhand, Haryana, Delhi, Rajasthan, UP, Bihar, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Meghalaya, Assam, West Bengal, Jharkhand and Odisha)
GSTR 3B Due Dates for tax periods of February, March and April, 2020
- Taxpayers having an aggregate turnover of more than rupees 5 crores in the preceding financial year
|Rate of interest||Tax period||Condition|
|0% interest for 15 days + interest rate @9% p.a for remaining days||February, March April, 2020||GSTR-3B is furnished on or before the 24th June, 2020|
Also, no late fee will be paid, if GSTR-3B is filed on or before 24th June, 2020.
- Taxpayers having an aggregate turnover of more than Rs 1.5 crores and up to Rs 5 crores in the preceding financial year
|Interest/ Late Fee||Tax period||Condition|
|Nil||February, 2020, March, 2020||If return in FORM GSTR-3B is furnished on or before 29th June, 2020|
|Nil||April, 2020||If return in FORM GSTR-3B is furnished on or before 30th June, 2020|
- Taxpayers having an aggregate turnover of upto Rs 1.5 crores in the preceding financial year
|Interest/ Late Fee||Tax period||Condition|
|Nil||February, 2020||If return in FORM GSTR-3B is furnished on or before 30th June, 2020|
|Nil||March, 2020||If return in FORM GSTR-3B is furnished on or before 3rd July, 2020|
|Nil||April, 2020||If return in FORM GSTR-3B is furnished on or before 6th July, 2020.|
Note: In case the return for the said months are not furnished on or before the date mentioned in the notification then interest at the rate of 18% p.a. shall be charged from the due date of return, till the date on which the return is filed. In addition, regular late fee will also be leviable for such delay along with liability for penalty.
Form GSTR-1 : GST Return for Outward Supplies
|Tax Period||Due Date (New)|
|GSTR-1 for March, April and May 2020||30.06.2020|
|GSTR-1 (Quarterly) Jan – March 2020||30.06.2020|
Waiver of late fee for delay in furnishing Form GSTR-3B
1. No late Fee for Taxpayers having an aggregate turnover of more than Rs 5 crores in the preceding financial year for-
|February, March, and April, 2020||If return is furnished on or before the 24.06.2020|
2. No late fee for Taxpayers having an aggregate turnover of more than rupees 1.5 crores and up to rupees five crores in the preceding financial year for-
|February, and March, 2020||If return is furnished on or before 29.06.2020|
|April, 2020||If return is furnished on or before 30.06.2020|
3. No late fee for Taxpayers having an aggregate turnover of upto Rs 1.5 crores in the preceding financial year for-
|February, 2020||If return is furnished on or before 30.06.2020|
|March, 2020||If return is furnished on or before 03.07.2020|
|April, 2020||If return is furnished on or before 06.07.2020|
Due date for opting Composition scheme in FY 2020-21
|Form No.||Due Date|
for opting to pay tax under composition scheme for the FY 2020-21
|Due Date for 2020-21 is 30.06.2020|
for paying an amount equal to the input tax credit through cash ledger or electronic credit.
|Due Date for 2019-20 is 31.07.2020|
GST Return for Composition taxpayers
|Form No.||Due Date (New)|
GST Return – Non Resident, Input Service Distributors, TDS and TCS Taxpayers
– (for the month of March, April & May, 2020)
|GST Return||Particulars||Due Date (New)|
|GSTR -5||Non-Resident Taxpayers||30.06.2020|
|GSTR -6||Input Service Distributors||30.06.2020|
|GSTR -7||Tax Deductors at Source (TDS deductors)||30.06.2020|
|GSTR -8||Tax Collectors at Source (TCS collectors)||30.06.2020|
Other Important Updates
- BEWARE of FRAUD website https://onlinefilingindia.in. It is trying to BAIT taxpayers to reveal personal and bank details. DO NOT respond to messages, mails and lookalike websites which ask for your personal details.
- Facility for registration of IRP/RPs made available on the GST Portal.
The Insolvency Resolution Professionals/ Resolution Professionals (IRPs/RPs), appointed to undertake corporate insolvency resolution proceedings for Corporate Debtors, can apply for new registration on GST Portal, on behalf of the Corporate Debtors, in each of the States or Union Territories, on the PAN and CIN of the Corporate Debtor, where the corporate debtor was registered earlier, in terms of Notification No. 11/2020-CT, dated 21st March, 2020 and as amended vide Notification No. 39/2020-CT, dated 5th May, 2020.
The IRP / RP are required to obtain a new registration within thirty days of their appointment as IRP/RP or by 30th June, 2020, whichever is later, except in cases where the corporate debtors have filed Form GSTR-1 and Form GSTR-3B, for all the tax periods prior to the appointment of IRP/RP.
- EVC option enabled for GSTR -1 and GSTR-3B filing by companies
The author of the above article is CS Lalit Rajput, Partner at Xcede Consultech LLP.
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer:The article or blog or post (by whatever name) in this website is based on the writer’s personal views and interpretation of Act. The writer does not accept any liabilities for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of information and for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
Also, www.babatax.com and its members do not accept any liability, obligation or responsibility for author’s article and understanding of user.
For Advertising with us-
- Mail us at email@example.com
- Whatsapp us at +91-7024984925