Income Tax vacancy: In an exciting opportunity for young and talented professionals, the Directorate of Income Tax (Legal & Research), under the Central Board of Direct Taxes, New Delhi, has announced applications for engaging Young Professionals on a contract basis. This initiative aims to bring fresh perspectives and innovative ideas to the table, fostering a dynamic environment within the organization. Let’s delve into the details of this remarkable opportunity.
Directorate of income tax Department is a government agency undertaking direct tax collection of the government of India. It functions under the Department of Revenue of the Ministry of Finance. The Income Tax Department is headed by the apex body Central Board of Direct Taxes.
With a view to augment departmental representation in ITAT, the Young Professional Scheme envisions engagement of Young Graduates in Law & Accountancy who are rich in domain knowledge. Such resources would aid the departmental officers in preparation of the cases admitted for hearing in Tribunals.
In addition, they will also take up research/study work encompassing critical areas of tax litigation for effective litigation management.
Eligibility Criteria of Income Tax vacancy
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, applicants need to meet certain eligibility criteria as outlined in Annexure-1 of the circular. These criteria typically include:
- Age limitations (usually between 21-30 years)
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- An understanding of tax laws and legal research
- Indian Nationals holding Graduate degree in Law (Preference will be given to graduates of reputed colleges/universities),
- The applicant should have good working knowledge of English language including drafting skills in English
- The applicant should have fair knowledge of computer application such as MS Word, MS Excel and Power Point etc.,
Applicants should thoroughly review the eligibility requirements to ensure they meet the necessary qualifications.
Applicants interested in this opportunity must complete the application form provided in Annexure-II and submit it as instructed. It’s crucial to adhere to the deadline, which is November 17, 2023, by 6 PM. The application can be submitted either in physical form or electronically via email at [email protected], followed by a hard copy submission within the stipulated time. It’s essential to ensure that all necessary supporting documents are included with the application.
Total no. of 8 vacancies are there.
Scope of engagement
The Scope of Work of these young professionals will include, but shall not be limited to, providing assistance to the Directorate:
i) Maintenance and updating oflegal database,
ii) Research and analysis on legal matters,
iii) Any other matter assigned by the Directorate
A lump sum stipend of Rs. 40,000/- per month shall be paid. No amount over and above Rs. 40,000 per month shall be payable.
Period of engagement of Income Tax vacancy
One (1) year on full time basis which can be extended by a further period of one (1) year subject to the satisfactory performance of the Young Professional.
Income Tax vacancy Circular is as follows:
ENGAGEMENT OF YOUNG PROFESSIONALS IN THE DIRECTORATE OF INCOME TAX (LEGAL & RESEARCH). ON CONTRACT BASIS
Applications are invited from willing and eligible persons for engagement as Young Professionals on contract basis in the Directorate of Income Tax (Legal & Research), Central Board of Direct Taxes, New Delhi for a period of one year extendable by one more year subject to conditions mentioned in the detailed notice at Annexure-1. Brief details about the position are tabulated as under:
- The details including number of posts, eligibility criteria, terms of engagement are enclosed as Annexure-1. The Directorate of Income Tax (Legal & Research) reserves the right to accept or reject in part or in full or all the responses without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
- The duly filled in applications, in the prescribed format may be sent to Income Tax Officer (Admin.) Legal & Research Directorate of Income Tax (Legal & Research), Room no. 413. 4* Floor Drum Shaped Building I. P. Estate New Delljl-110002 by 17* November 2023 up to 6 PM. The applications can also be sent through e-mail at [email protected] followed by a hard copy within the stipulated time. Applications received after due date or without supporting documents will not be considered.
- Application Form is at Annexure-II.
(K. K. Gupta)
Income Tax Officer (Admn.) (L & R)
Directorate oflncome Tax (Legal & Research)
Read More at : Income Tax Vacancy Circular
Disclaimer: The article or blog or post (by whatever name) in this website is based on the writer’s personal views and interpretation of Act. The writer does not accept any liabilities for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of information and for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
Also, www.babatax.com and its members do not accept any liability, obligation or responsibility for author’s article and understanding of user.
For Collaborating with us-
- Mail us at [email protected]
- Whatsapp us at +91-702498492