EPF: Online EPF account transfer process
Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO), India Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India has issued Instructions for transfer online EPF account during this Pandemic situation (COVID-19).
In case of change of Job, it is important to switch EPF account from previous employer to the new employer.
- Must have active UAN (Universal Account Number)
- If UAN is inactive, kindly activate at EPF India portal
- UAN Holders details should be updated which includes such as Aadhaar details, Bank details etc.
- Details can be checked in the ‘KYC‘ option under the ‘Manage‘ tab after logging in to your account.
- Mobile number should be active.
- At least one of the employer’s – previous / present – DSC must be registered on the portal
- PF number of both past and present employers are registered on the EPFO database.
Documents required for EPF transfer
- Valid ID proof (Aadhaar, PAN card, or driver’s licence)
- Revised Form 13
- Mobile phone with registered SIM
- Current employer’s details
- Bank account number (salary account)
- Old and new PF account details
How to transfer EPF Online?
1. Login to Member Interface of Unified Portal.
2. Login with your UAN and Password.
3. Click on “Online Services” and then click “One Member – One EPF Account (Transfer request)”
4. Verify “Personal information” and “PF Account “ for present Employer.
5. Click on “Get details” and view PF Account details of previous employment.
6. Click to select Employer (Previous / Current) for Attestation.
7. Click on “Get OTP”(OTP will be send on UAN Registered Mobile Number)
8. Enter the OTP and click “Submit”
Tracking ID will be reflected post successful submission. Read Also: EPFO – 17 FAQ’S on transfer of EPF Accounts
Track status of online transfer of EPF account
1. UAN Holder will track the status through the Member e-SEWA portal.
2. Click option – ‘Track Claim Status’ under the ‘Online Services’ Tab.
This whole transfer process has to be done to reduce overall tax liability from the balance accumulated in two separate accounts (Account with Previous and New Organization). An EPF account becomes inactive after leaving a job. The status of the form is changed to ‘approved’ by the employer post Employer approval. The Process is simple and easy and generally, it took a period of two months to complete the whole transfer process.
The author of the above article is CS Lalit Rajput, Partner at Xcede Consultech LLP.
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer:The article or blog or post (by whatever name) in this website is based on the writer’s personal views and interpretation of Act. The writer does not accept any liabilities for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of information and for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
Also, www.babatax.com and its members do not accept any liability, obligation or responsibility for author’s article and understanding of user.
For Advertising with us-
- Mail us at email@example.com
- Whatsapp us at +91-7024984925