ITRs Verified from 7th June To 30th Sept through EVC instead of DSC regularised
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Direct taxes
New Delhi, Dated 24th September, 2021
Order u/s 119 (2)(a) of the Income-tax Act, 1961
Subject: Regularisation of returns of income verified through Electronic Verification Code (EVC) which are otherwise required to be verified through Digital Signature (DSC) as per Rule 12 of the Income-tax Rules,1962 — reg.
1. It has been brought to the notice of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (Board) that due to technical issues in the e-filing portal, certain income tax return furnished electronically under Section 142(1), 148, 153A and 153C of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (the Act) during the period from 07.06.2021 to 30.09.2021. were/are being allowed to be verified through Electronic Verification Code (EVC) though these are otherwise required to be verified through Digital Signature (DSC) as per Rule 12 of the Income-tax Rules,1962 (the Rules). As the said returns of Income are not furnished and verified in accordance with Rule 12, the same may be treated as non-est by the Assessing Officers, which may cause genuine hardship to the taxpayers.
2. On consideration of the above, the Board, in exercise of its powers under Section 119(2)(a) of the Act, hereby directs that such income tax return furnished electronically under Section 142(1), 148, 153A and 153C of the Act during the period from 07.06.2021 to 30.09.2021 and verified through Electronic Verification Code instead of Digital Signature, shall be deemed to have been furnished and verified as per Rule 12.
3. The regularisation of such returns shall be immediately brought to the notice of the Assessing Officers concerned, through ITBA by DGIT (Systems) so that such returns are not treated as non-est.
Director to the Government of India
Disclaimer:The article or blog or post (by whatever name) in this website is based on the writer’s personal views and interpretation of Act. The writer does not accept any liabilities for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of information and for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
Also, www.babatax.com and its members do not accept any liability, obligation or responsibility for author’s article and understanding of user.
For Advertising with us-
- Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Whatsapp us at +91-7024984925