MCA clarification on dispatch of notice by listed companies
MCA vide General Circular no. 21/ 2020 dated 11th May, 2020 has issued Clarification on dispatch of Notice under Section 62(2) Of Companies Act, 2013 by Listed Companies For Right Issue Opening Upto 31st July, 2020.
Key Highlights of MCA Circular
1. MCA has received several representation for seeking clarification on the mode of issue of notice as per Section 62 (1) (a) (i) of the Companies Act, 2013 read with Section 62 (2) of the Act.
2. It deals with Right issue by the Listed Companies.
3. In view of COVID-19 pandemic, Companies has faced difficulties to send notices through postal or courier services.
4. MCA has examined all the representation and also take note of SEBI Circular no. SEBI/HO/CFD/DIL2/CIR /P2020/78 dated 06th May, 2020.
5. Clarification from MCA on Right Issue opening 31st July 2020: In case of Listed Entities, which comply with the SEBI/HO/CFD/DIL2/ CIR/P2020/78 dated 06th May, 2020, inability to dispatch the notice per Section 62 (1) (a) (i) of the Companies Act, 2013 read with Section 62 (2) of the Act, to their shareholders through registered post / speed post / courier would not considered as violation of Section 62(2) of the Companies Act, 2013.
For any questions, you may reach us at Discussion Forum
The author of the above article is CS Lalit Rajput, Partner at Xcede Consultech LLP.
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer:The article or blog or post (by whatever name) in this website is based on the writer’s personal views and interpretation of Act. The writer does not accept any liabilities for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of information and for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
Also, www.babatax.com and its members do not accept any liability, obligation or responsibility for author’s article and understanding of user.
For Advertising with us-
- Mail us at email@example.com
- Whatsapp us at +91-7024984925